Jackson Boyd Lawyers is one of Scotland’s foremost personal injury firms dealing with thousands of claims each year. We pride ourselves on a first class, cost-effective claims handling service for motor insurers, legal expense insurers, insurance brokers and individual clients.
Job Title : Claims Negotiator
Primary Location: Glasgow
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9am until 5pm with a one hour lunch break
To plan and effectively manage a case load of claims through provision of an efficient and timely claims handling service in accordance with service standards.
- Run your own caseload with minimal training and supervision
- Process allocated claims and fully understand how to use the case management system
- Dealing with all claims correspondence
- Establishing liability and indemnity on all claims within the allocation
- Drafting of claim forms and writs in both Simple Procedure and Ordinary Actions
- Negotiation of claims through to conclusion or to the point of a Hearing
- Maintain an effective diary regime
Experience, Knowledge & Skills Required:
- At least two years’ experience dealing with road traffic accident cases. Previous experience of issuing proceedings for RTA cases would be beneficial.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to use a range of communication styles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and gain the respect of colleagues
- Computer Literacy with the ability to adapt to new technologies
Supervision and training will be provided by your Team Manager and the Assistant Claims Manager