Jackson Boyd Lawyers are one of Scotland’s foremost litigation firms, dealing with thousands of claims each year involving personal injury, dispute resolution and employment. We pride ourselves on a first class, cost-effective legal service for our clients.
Job Title: Solicitor (Dispute Resolution)
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre
Reports To: Senior Associate and Partner Level
Hours of Work: Full Time
Key Purpose: To manage a diverse civil litigation caseload from initial instruction to successful conclusion.
- To manage a diverse caseload in respect of personal and commercial contract disputes; property disputes, residential and commercial landlord and tenant cases; professional negligence claims and some criminal defence work (principally motoring offences) all run on our sophisticated case management system
- Raising and defending court actions as necessary in Sheriff Court and Court of Session, and also raising and defending alternative dispute resolution actions, including First Tier Tribunal and Arbitrations.
- Complying with our clients’ Service Level Standards.
- Up to 2 years post qualifying experience
- Some experience of criminal work would be advantageous but not essential.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyse problems and information, evaluating options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate and commercial solution
- Demonstrates a conscientious and commercially focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and methodically, adhere to service level standards and comply with tight deadlines
- Competent user of IT systems to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements
- Working as part of a team and assisting trainees and junior colleagues.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please upload your CV and covering letter below.