Job Title: Solicitor/Associate depending on experience
Primary Location: Glasgow
Reports to: Senior Associate / Partner Level
We are seeking an experienced employment solicitor to join our well established and highly respected employment team within Jackson Boyd.
- Managing a diverse caseload of contentious employment work, and operating a sophisticated case management system
- Responsibility for all Employment Tribunal proceedings including drafting pleadings, taking witness statements and appearances at the Employment Tribunal
- Responsibility for all client communications
- Complying with strict service level standards
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience in employment law.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the provision of clear and concise advice
- Strong legal knowledge, analysis and experience
- Analytical ability and commercial focus, including assessing problems and information, evaluating options and risks and identifying appropriate solutions
- A conscientious and commercial approach to delivering a service that is of value and meets clients’ needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain sound technical legal knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and gain the respect of colleagues
- Well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently, adhere to service level standards and comply with deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, accepting responsibility for personal caseload
- Competent user of IT systems in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements