Job Title: Solicitor/Senior Solicitor depending on experience
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre – initially home working before moving to a blend of office and remote working
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours), Permanent
Reports to: Partner
Description of Role:
Jackson Boyd are ranked as a leading firm by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We are currently looking for a Solicitor/Senior Solicitor (dependant on experience) to join our Employment team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for representing Claimant and Respondent clients in Employment Tribunal cases, as well as providing advisory services.
We require a driven and professional individual, with experience in employment law.
Jackson Boyd are a leading litigation firm in the areas of Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury, Medical Negligence and Employment Law.
We aim to provide a positive and supportive working environment for our team. We have been awarded a Platinum Accreditation by Investors in People and also hold the Investors in Young People Good Practice Award.
We are based in modern office accommodation in the centre of Glasgow. We provide regular internal training for our staff, flexible and remote working opportunities and operate a “dress for your day” policy.
We offer our clients the highest level of expertise offered in a caring and compassionate way. From 1,093 reviews of our service on Trustpilot, 99% of our clients rate us as “Excellent” or “Great”.
- Managing a diverse caseload of contentious employment work, and operating a sophisticated case management system
- Responsibility for all Employment Tribunal proceedings including drafting pleadings, taking witness statements and appearances at the Employment Tribunal
- Responsibility for all client communications
- Complying with strict service level standards
- NQ – 2 years PQE, with experience in employment law.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the provision of clear and concise advice
- Strong legal knowledge, analysis and experience
- Analytical ability and commercial focus, including assessing problems and information, evaluating options and risks and identifying appropriate solutions
- A conscientious and commercial approach to delivering a service that is of value and meets clients’ needs.
- Ability to develop and maintain sound technical legal knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and gain the respect of colleagues
- Well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently, adhere to service level standards and comply with deadlines.
- Ability to work autonomously, accepting responsibility for personal caseload
- Competent user of IT systems in order to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements
To apply for this role, please visit our careers section or send an up to date CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.