Job Title: Personal Injury & RTA Solicitor
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre – initially remote working before moving to a blend of office and remote working
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours), Permanent
Reports to: Partner
Description of Role:
Jackson Boyd’s Personal Injury Team is ranked as a leading firm by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We are currently looking for a Personal Injury & RTA Solicitor to join our team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for their own caseload of Personal Injury & RTA claims, mainly acting for the Pursuer. There will be the opportunity to conduct Proofs on behalf of clients and to appear at procedural hearings.
We require an ambitious and motivated Solicitor who can work autonomously while providing a first class service to our clients.
Jackson Boyd are a leading litigation firm in the areas of Personal Injury, Medical Negligence, Dispute Resolution and Employment Law.
We aim to provide a positive and supportive working environment for our team. We have been awarded a Gold Accreditation by Investors in People and also hold the Investors in Young People Good Practice Award.
We are based in modern office accommodation in the centre of Glasgow. We provide regular internal training for our staff, flexible and remote working opportunities and operate a “dress for your day” policy.
We offer our clients the highest level of expertise offered in a caring and compassionate way. From 973 reviews of our service on Trustpilot 98% of our clients rate us as “Excellent” or “Great”.
- To manage a Personal Injury & RTA caseload and assist Partners in dealing with more complex cases.
- Taking Precognitions
- Drafting of Pleadings
- Litigating in the Sheriff Court.
- Conducting Proofs and Procedural Hearings.
- Negotiating Settlements.
- Providing training and support to our team of paralegals and case handlers.
- Complying with our clients’ Service Level Standards.
Skills and Experience Required
- A litigation traineeship or up to 3 year’s post qualifying experience.
- Knowledge of the Sheriff Court Rules
- Experience of advocacy in the Sheriff Court.
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Commercial awareness and applying it to each case.
- Ability to work autonomously.