Jackson Boyd Lawyers are one of Scotland’s foremost personal injury firms, dealing with thousands of cases each year. We pride ourselves on delivering a first class, cost-effective service to insurance companies, legal expenses insurers, insurance brokers and individual clients. We are presently seeking a solicitor to join our Personal Injury Team.
Job Title:Solicitor (Personal Injury)
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre
Reports To: Partner Level
Hours of Work: Full time – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm with a one hour lunch break
To manage a mixed caseload of Personal Injury cases principally arising from road traffic accidents, employers/public liability and medical negligence.
Specifically, but not exclusively:
- To manage a mixed caseload of personal injury actions and to assist Partners in dealing with more complex cases
- Drafting of pleadings, obtaining witness statements as required and conducting proofs
- Drafting correspondence and reporting to clients
- Complying with our clients’ Service Level Standards
- Providing support to our team of paralegals and claims handlers
Solid traineeship and/or up to 3 year’s post qualifying experience in personal injury litigation.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyse problems and information, evaluating options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate and commercial solution
- Demonstrates a conscientious and commercially focussed approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships, influence and gain
- Well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently, adhere to service level standards and comply with deadlines
- Competent user of IT systems to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements