Job Title: Paralegal – Employment
Location: Hybrid (Glasgow City Centre/Remote Working)
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours), Permanent
Reports to: Senior Associate
Description of Role
Jackson Boyd are ranked as a leading firm by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We are currently looking for a Paralegal to join our Employment team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the solicitors in the employment team which handles a wide range of both Claimant and Respondent Employment Tribunal cases, as well as providing advisory services. The main legal areas that the candidate will be covering are unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, TUPE and redundancy.
We require a driven and professional individual, with some experience in employment law. Previous experience in a paralegal role is preferable, but not essential.
Jackson Boyd are a leading litigation firm in the areas of Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury, Medical Negligence and Employment Law.
We aim to provide a positive and supportive working environment for our team. We have been awarded a Platinum Accreditation by Investors in People and also hold the Investors in Young People Good Practice Award.
We are based in modern office accommodation in the centre of Glasgow. We provide regular internal training for our staff, flexible and remote working opportunities and operate a “dress for your day” policy.
We offer our clients the highest level of expertise offered in a caring and compassionate way. From over 1,400 reviews of our service on Trustpilot, 98% of our clients rate us as “Excellent” or “Great”.
The successful candidate will be expected to, under supervision:-
- Make calls to clients
- Conduct investigations and review documentation
- Prepare drafts of legal documentation, correspondence and reports
- Draft contracts and policies
- Assist with preparation for Employment Tribunal Hearings including:
- Preparation of bundles of documents;
- Taking witness statements; and
- Preparing schedules of loss.
- Assist with the management of our client reporting process
Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in employment law (having worked, studied or both)
- Self-starting with common sense and initiative, and ability to work as a team-player working on complex matters
- Very good time and documentation management skills
- Ability to build very good relationships with clients and potential clients
- Very good research skills, including an ability to use online information sources
- High level of IT skills
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Commercial awareness and applying it to each case.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit our Careers Page here and upload your CV and covering letter.