Jackson Boyd Lawyers are one of Scotland’s foremost litigation firms, dealing with thousands of claims each year involving personal injury, dispute resolution and employment. We pride ourselves on a first-class legal service for our clients.
Job Title: Paralegal
Department: Employers’ Liability/Public Liability Team and RTA Team
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre
Reports To: Partner Level
Hours of Work: Full time – Monday to Friday, 9am until 5pm with a one hour lunch break, however part time or condensed full time hours would also be considered
To manage a diverse Employers’ Liability and Public Liability or RTA caseload from initial instruction to successful conclusion.
- To manage a diverse caseload of Employers’ Liability and Public Liability personal injury claims or RTA claims including personal injury all run on our sophisticated case management system
- Handling initial instructions from clients, carrying out pre-litigation investigation, conducting pre litigation communication with third party insurers
- Raising court actions as necessary in Sheriff Court
- Complying with our commercial clients’ Service Level Standards.
- Experience of working in a personal injury team within a legal firm or an insurance company.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyse problems and information, evaluating options and risks in order to identify the most appropriate and commercial solution
- Demonstrates a conscientious and commercially focused approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well organised with strong administration and time management skills with the ability to work efficiently and methodically, adhere to service level standards and comply with deadlines
- Competent user of IT systems to maximise efficiency and effectiveness
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to develop own knowledge and skills in line with business requirements
- Working as part of a team
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV along with a covering letter and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org