Committed to supporting our customers, staff, local community and the environment
At Jackson Boyd we have a proven commitment to providing our customers with the best possible services and results. We have a similarly strong commitment to our staff, local community and the environment.
Our approach is driven by our dedicated Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Team. This is composed of 10 staff members who focus on the CSR aims of the firm and organise and manage all Jackson Boyd’s CSR events and activities.
You can read all about Jackson Boyd’s CSR activities and fundraising events via our CSR Blog articles.
Jackson Boyd are proud of the CSR work we do. If you would like further information about CSR at Jackson Boyd, or would like to get involved, please contact PBradshaw@jacksonboyd.co.uk.
Jackson Boyd’s chosen charities of 2018:
These are charities Jackson Boyd’s staff have nominated and will be our main focus for fundraising.
Brightest Star is a local charity set up in memory of Jack Kennedy, who died suddenly just days before his 6th birthday. The charity’s work includes offering bereavement support and providing memory boxes, as well as providing teddy bears to mortuaries and funeral parlours so parents have a teddy to leave with their child.
Jackson Boyd will also be participating in fundraising events throughout the year for the below charities:
- Child Brain Injury Trust
- MND Scotland
- Meningitis Now
- Team Jak
- MacMillan Cancer Support
- Sound Lab
Our commitment to the local and wider community
We are committed to playing an active role in our local community and fundraising for both local and national charities.
- Our weekly dress down day on a Friday has raised £3,200 for the Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Meningitis Scotland and the Sound Lab.
- We organise a MacMillan Cancer Support coffee morning twice a year where staff bring in home baking. Our last coffee morning raised £234.17, adding to the thousands of pounds collectively raised from our past coffee mornings.
- We collected 14 large bags of clothes, books and toys for the British Heart Foundation – Bring a Bag.
- We regularly visit primary and secondary schools to deliver presentations on careers in law and on non-lawyer opportunities that are available in law firms (such as administrative roles, paralegal roles and IT and HR positions). We are also happy to provide work experience roles to school students.
- We have forged a strong connection with Team Jak. We fundraise for the charity and our staff have also provided hands on building help with the completion of Jak’s Den, a special centre for older children with cancer.
- We support the Glasgow North East Foodbank and recently collected and donated 8 large crates of food and house essentials with an estimated value of £400.00.
- We raised £915 by participating in a “Firewalk” to raise money for MND Scotland.
- We participate in the Back to School Appeal and Project Present, both run by the same small group of volunteers for underprivileged children from Glasgow and the surrounding areas. The Back to School Appeal provides children with the supplies they need for starting the new school year. Project Present provides children with a present for Christmas. In 2017 Jackson Boyd’s staff bought 20 Back to School packs and over 60 Christmas presents for these children.
Our commitment to the environment
We have an on-going corporate commitment to reducing our impact on the environment. To do this we:
- Operate as an environmentally aware and responsible organisation.
- Have an in-house environmental management system.
- Have waste minimisation as a central goal of our Environmental Policy Statement.
- Encourage additional sustainable waste management through specific projects. These include the collection of mobile phones for recycling and donating old trainers for reuse in Africa.
- Have a ‘no paper’ policy: we receive all initial referrals by email (rather than hard copy) and then use email or telephone wherever possible for all subsequent correspondence.