Job Title: Associate/Senior Associate – Dispute Resolution
Primary Location: Glasgow City Centre – initially home working before moving to a blend of office and remote working
Hours of Work: Full time (35 hours), Permanent
Reports to: Partner
Description of Role:
Jackson Boyd are ranked as a leading firm by both Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners.
We are currently looking for a Solicitor to join our Dispute Resolution team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a diverse caseload to include personal and commercial contract disputes, property disputes, landlord and tenant cases; professional negligence claims and some criminal defence work (principally motoring offences).
We require an ambitious and motivated solicitor who can work autonomously while providing a first class service to our clients.
Jackson Boyd are a leading litigation firm specialising in the areas of Dispute Resolution, Personal Injury, Medical Negligence and Employment Law.
We aim to provide a positive and supportive working environment for our team. We have been awarded a Platinum Accreditation by Investors in People.
We are working from home during the Covid pandemic but normally are based in modern office accommodation in the centre of Glasgow. We provide regular internal training for our staff, flexible and remote working opportunities and operate a “dress for your day” policy.
We offer our clients the highest level of expertise offered in a caring and compassionate way. From 1062 reviews of our service on Trustpilot, 99% of our clients rate us as “Excellent” or “Great”.
- To manage a diverse litigation caseload
- Litigating in the Sheriff Court.
- Raising and defending alternative dispute resolution actions, including First Tier Tribunal and Arbitrations.
- Providing training and support to our team of trainees and junior solicitors.
- Complying with our clients’ Service Level Standards.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Over 2 years post qualifying experience preferably within a general or commercial litigation environment.
- Experience of advocacy in the Sheriff Court and/or First Tier Tribunal
- Excellent client communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Commercial awareness and applying it to each case.
- Ability to work autonomously.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please visit our Careers Page at https://www.jacksonboyd.co.uk/about-us/work-for-us/ and upload your CV and covering letter.